Sunday, December 17, 2006

Abby's Tail

Skeezix is having a contest to celebrate your favorite human bean...here's Abby's.

As told to my Momma by Abby

Abby’s Tail

I was a very small kitty when I was born. My Momma kitty was a pretty tabby with no tail. She was a good Momma kitty, but I was taken away from her when I was just a little bitty kitten. I really missed my Momma kitty. I think my first people took me away too quickly from my Momma. I lived with them for the first 3 years of my life. They were nice to me at first, but then they didn’t understand me and how I needed special care. They only wanted to have a cat, well that was simply a cat; they didn’t want a Manx. Fate stepped in and the little girl who lived down the street had fallen in love with me and wanted me to be her Kitty, so I went to live with her. She loved me very much and I was very happy being her Kitty. Her Momma was very nice to me also, but the Daddy didn’t like me. He was unkind to me. He said things and did things that made me unhappy with him. I still needed special care and he did not want to have any Kitties that needed special care. Finally he wore down the Momma and she agreed to rehome me. I had lived with them for nearly 3 years too. There was another nice lady who lived in my neighborhood that worked with rescue kitties. The Daddy approached her and asked her if she could find me another home. The lady said she knew of someone that was looking for a small Tuxedo kitty and she would take me and see if this new lady would want me. I heard all of this and it made me very sad. I was going to lose my little girl! Then the day came and the Daddy put me in my little igloo carrier and gave me to the rescue lady. I heard him tell her if this new lady I was going to meet did not want me to NOT bring me back, to just leave me by the side of the road. So here I was again being thrown out because no one understood me, except my sweet little girl. Then all of a sudden I was in this big place with lots of strange smells and people I didn’t know. Then this new lady came up and took me out of the cage I was in. I hugged her for dear life, because I did not want to be put out by the side of the road. She fell immediately in love with me, and she told me she was going to take me home. Did that mean I was going to see my little girl? OH I got my hopes up. Then we left, this new lady and this new man and me got into a big metal monster but we didn’t go to the house with my little girl. We went to a new house with 4 other cats! BOY was I mad. When this new lady tried to be nice to me I just hissed and growled at her and swatted her hand. I did my best to show her how big and mean I was. She tried and tried to pet me but I was mad and hurt and I wouldn’t let her near me. I didn’t want to be with her. I wanted my little girl back. Well, I hate to admit this, but I was really wrong about this new lady. It took her a long time to win me over, but I finally found someone who truly loves me special needs and all. She saw right through my hurt and aching heart. She believed in me when all others had let me down. She takes very good care of me and spoils me all the time. I never want to leave. I have a true home now, and I worship my one and only Momma. It was worth all that I went through to get to her and I am so glad she was patient enough with me to see through my rough start and love me no matter what. Now, I am very thankful to have a home to call mine, and a Momma to love me unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥