This is a terrific article from Best Friends in Utah on how to help those suffering in Japan.
How you can help
To give a donation to help rescue animals in Japan, click on one of these links:
- For HEART-Tokushima and the Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, click here.When you donate to HEART-Tokushima, your donations will go to the coalition Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, and will be divided equally among all the rescue groups participating.
- If you prefer to give to Japan Cat Network or Animal Garden Niigata — all belong to the same coalition — please click here — or here.If you encounter a PayPal form in Japanese instead of English, and you cannot read it, try going to the HEART-Tokushima site above, where the form is in English. Indicate “for earthquake relief” on the form.
- To donate to Animal Rescue Kansai, click here.
- To view the Facebook page of Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, click here. You may also donate on this page.
- For the website (in Japanese) of Japan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals, click here.
- For the website (in Japanese) of Japan Animal Welfare Society, click here.Note: When we can provide information on how to donate through these two websites above, we will do that.
- For the website of World Vets, click here.