Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thursday Remembrance -- Gracie's Gotcha


I can remember so well, July 19, 2013.


Button, who was an outdoor kitty we had
(who chose to be outside), had gone missing.


We did everything to find her,
including going to the ACA to see
if there was any chance that she had been picked up.
We knew that was a remote possibility.


But while there, here was this young kitten,
maybe 5 or 6 months old at the front door of the ACA
begging and playing with each person as they came inside.


They didn't want to take her in if they didn't have to
because they knew if would not end well for her.


I was terribly affected by what I saw that day.
In a emotional state I rescued Grace
and I wondered on the way home what had I done?
You see, only 5 weeks earlier I had adopted Abby.
She was not assimilating into the house.
Now I had Grace.
Oh boy!


But within a week Gracie had settled in.
She was just so easy.
Abby on the other hand took 4 more months...
but that is another story.


Gracie left me too soon.
She was only 9 when she developed lymphoma.
One of the effects of her condition was that her
lungs kept filling up with liquids and she
couldn't breathe.
It was hard to let her go. Especially so soon
after losing Abby. It's ironic that they came
so close together and left as well.
But, I never thought Gracie would leave so 
suddenly and so soon.
I miss her.
The final photo I ever took of her before
we headed off to the Vet that final time.
She was ready.


I know I gave her a happy life 
and she was dearly loved.
We always want more time.
Today Gracie is celebrating at the Rainbow Bridge
and I know she has lots of friends
with her now.
I do miss you Gracie Grace.
I surely do.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your dear Gracie! So glad she was rescued and given much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sendin some speshul purrs today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you came to Gracie's rescue. She did leave too soon... but doesn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure gave her a good life, hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of purrs and hugs as you remember angel Gracie's gotcha day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Gracie was so lucky to have had you find her-

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Gracie ! Purrs and hugs for this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Gracie certainly did leave you too soon. How fortunate she was, though, to have had such a loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to you and Gracie and Abby. You were all meant to touch each others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a big party at the Bridge today. You were meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tribute to your Angel. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracie was a beautiful girl. Thank you for giving her a home...and so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless her precious little self. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥