Monday, July 10, 2006

The Serpent & The WatchCATS

I noticed Jinx hanging around the kitchen window and he kept looking back towards the french doors. I leapt back when I looked out and saw ON THE WALL a snake crawling up the side of the brick. I had never seen anything like that before. So I alert my husband and he went out into the rain and with a very long pole scared the snake. He made sure that this guy went back into the brush that is about 20 feet from the house. So all was well, or so it seemed. Later on, the cats began to behave wildly. They were telling us that something was out there. Sure enough, the snake had actually come back and was going up the wall again. This time my husband was not so charitable. He knocked the snake down and well, let's just say Mr. Snake is no longer with us.
And what was Mr. Snake after? Some baby birds, whose parents have made a nice nest in the corner of the gutter which is out of the way of the water.

So thank you kittycats for alerting us and letting us save the baby chicks from the snake who didn't want to give up and go find a meal someplace else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥