Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Triplets


2 years ago on a sultry day in August there was a faint sound of cats meowing. It wasn’t uncommon to hear cats in our neighborhood, so it went unnoticed. Several days later on August 17, 2004 we approached the front entry of our house to see two cats asleep in the chair which stood next to the front door. As we approached the black and white cat jumped down and dashed into the bushes. The gray tabby just sat there and as I tried to encourage his departure he simply looked at me, and now I know Jinx was begging to be fed. I was thinking he belonged to someone in the neighborhood and had simply stopped by on a very hot day to take an afternoon siesta. He simply would not go anywhere, so I told my husband to go and grab that ONE can of cat food that I had and we would feed them. As soon as I opened the can out popped the little black and white cat along with an orange tabby. How many cats were there? So began a wonderful journey. We had no pets at the time and I really didn’t know much about caring for cats; in fact I knew nothing about caring for cats. I had grown up around dogs and assumed one day I would adopt a dog. So having a cat just never occurred to me. Once we fed them they were happy to have found us. We tried to find if anyone was missing a trio of cats, but no one came forward. So they became a ready made family. Some kind person simply dropped these three beautiful cats off near our house and hoped for the best. I don’t know how they could have in good conscious opened the door to their vehicle and left them there. I shudder now to think of any of them being forced to fend for themselves out in a world that many times doesn’t take kindly to cats. The cats decided to live in our front entry and everyday I would come with a plate full of food and water for them. Where ever they were in the yard they would haul booty to me for dinner. I can vividly recall seeing Boo race across the yard her little paws seemingly never touching the ground she was moving so swiftly. Soon they discovered where I was coming from with the food so they decided to relocate to the garage. The cats whom we had named Boo (the tuxedo), Jinx (the gray tabby) and Ping (the orange tabby) started living in our garage. It was an arrangement that didn’t make much sense now that I look back on it. All the cats wanted to come into the house. My belief was that they were all formerly indoor cats, which makes it all the more puzzling why anyone would just drop them off and drive away. Someone had taken care of them for at least six months. HOW do you leave a little creature that is dependent upon you? It began to become a struggle going in and out the back door. Then Boo moved into the house. She was the purrfect house cat. I know now it was terribly callous of us to leave Ping and Jinx in the garage because they both so wanted to come in also. Then there was a day that Ping didn’t come home and we searched and searched for him and could not find him, but Ping was our adventurer. So with Jinx alone in the garaage it didn't take much to move him into the house. Ping finally came home from his big adventure in the neighborhood and he also moved in. So now we had the triplets in the house and they became more than just our pets they really became our family. I honestly have to thank those people who abandoned MY cats because they have a far better life now, and in my heart, I would really like to think, that they brought them to my neighborhood with the high hopes that some soul would take them ALL in and care for them. I wish they could know that they are all together and well cared for and deeply loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥