Friday, March 30, 2007

There But For The Grace Of God Go I

Abby -- WHY????
*****
I was going to post about something totally different , but that was changed when I witnessed a man in front of the federal agency I work for with his car stopped and driver's door opened in the early morning hours near the front entrance to the building. At first all I could see was that he was out the vehicle with the driver's door opened which is a little strange at 5:30 in the morning. Then I saw him use his foot to push something aside. As I drove around his vehicle (which was in the way) I noticed what he was pushing aside was a puppy. I am sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone, but what a dead beat. How could you drop a puppy in the middle of a high traffic area and drive off. The puppy was trying desperately to get back into the vehicle with a monster that was so callously abandoning him. Isn't that the irony of the devotion of animals? I wanted to go and grab the puppy, and I thought what in the world was I going to do with him? I couldn't have brought him into work. Then as I drove around to where the employees park, the man had his vehicle stopped again in the lane leading into the parking lot and someone was getting out of the passenger side door, as I walked into the building I could see this person was walking back to the customer parking area where the puppy had been dropped off. I wasn't able to see if he went back to get the puppy, but I so pray he did.
*****
So, for all of those animals who don't have the luxury of my little angel Abby who is pictured snuggled in her one of her favorite little beds, my heart aches. Why is so easy to abandon a helpless creature on the side of road and have no conscious about that act?
*****
Today stop by and visit all the wonderful animals that have great homes over at Friday's Ark and don't forget to stop by this weekend round up of all the lovely kittys at the Carnival of the Cats being hosted this week by IMAO.

No comments: