Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Human Rescue


For Everyone Who Has "Walked That Walk" Down An Animal Shelter's Isle....
"I rescued a human today!"
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering
Apprehensively into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I swished my tail, but not too exuberantly, so she
Wouldn't be afraid.
As she stopped at my kennel, I blocked her view
From a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want
Her to know that I hadn't been out of my cage today. Sometimes the shelter
Keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about
My past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make
A difference in someone's life.
She got down on her knees and made
Little kissy sounds at me...
I shoved my shoulder and the side of my head
Up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.
A tear fell down her cheek and
I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I
Instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe. I
Would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do
Everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her
Eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor...
So many More are out there who haven't walked the corridors.
So many more to
Be saved.
At least I could save one!
"I rescued a human today!"
purrs,


Glitter Words

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥