Friday, June 12, 2009

GRAND DAME


Momma has been very bad about posting for any of us kitties and we are all furry upset with her. But she is finally getting the idea that we want to be back online MORE! So she is going to try and do better. I still visit all my furfriends blogs but because Momma is the one with the thumbs I can't leave as many messages as I would like to. Just know I miss all of you and think of you efurryday!

Here's Momma:

Today is a special day. It is now been four years since one sassy lady arrived in my lap and in my life. It has been amazing fast four years. For anyone unfamiliar with Abby's story, she was adopted from a cat rescue organization 4 years ago named Lucky Cat. She had been living in her second home where the Father of the family did not want her and made his young daughter give her up. I now know that Abby did not like the Father and was probably snappy with him because she saw him as his true self. Abby is a feisty girl,the first night she was here she was so mad that she hissed and snarled and pitched a true Tuxie temper tantrum. I was so afraid that she was going to hate living here. I knew she could not go back to her former home. I would not let her go back to a man who only wanted the animal rescue people to abandon her behind PetsMart if I didn't take her. It took many MANY months before Abby trusted me, but when she did she gave me her total loyalty, trust and love. She is still a feisty little lady and she dominates the house with an iron paw. I feel a powerful privilege in being in the right place at the the right time four years ago because she has entered my heart and totally captivated it with her special furry love. No one will ever be able to convince me that she is just a cat, to me she is so much more and the bond we have is one that nothing will ever break. I know her purrday is right around the corner and she will soon be 10 and I know that the passage of time will keep rolling, but I do not take one day for granted with her. This past weekend I sat with her in my lap one lazy afternoon just enjoying her presence. I tried to memorize the placement of each piece of fur as the light hit, the color of her eyes, the feel of her whiskers on my leg, the sound of those rumbly purrs, the feel of the bisquits she was making on my lap...I cherish all of these things and in those quiet moments I love her even more. Today is my sweet angels day of coming to her true home and of two hearts finding each other. I love you Abby with every fiber inside of me, and I will always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥