Lend a Paw to Help Hospice Patients Keep Their Pets!
One of the most difficult parts of dying involves saying goodbye to those you love most. Many hospice patients must part with their beloved pets at the time when they need them most because they have no one to help with pet care and expenses. Some pets are left homeless when the patient dies. Our hospice patient/pet support program, Pet Peace of Mind, provides non-profit hospices with resources and funding to help hospice patients care for their pets. Over the past eight months, more than 100 hospices nationwide have contacted us and are interested in starting the program for their patients. To find out more about Pet Peace of Mind, visit www.petpeaceofmind.org.
Your Vote is Very Important
The program has been selected to compete for a $250,000 grant from Pepsi as part of the Pepsi Refresh Project. Help Hospice Patients Keep Their Pets is our project name within the Pepsi competition. Winners are decided by an online voting process and your vote will help us secure a $250,000 grant. Thousands of hospice patients and pets will benefit from this important program. This grant would provide funding for more than one-third of interested hospices in 2010.
How You Can Help
Vote for this important project every day throughout the month of April. Ask your family (including your relatives and any children over the age of 13) to vote. Ask your friends and business colleagues to vote as well. Use blogs, Facebook and Twitter to spread the word. It only takes three minutes to register. Once registered, you may vote every day. Voting for this project will take less than one minute per day.
- Access the site: http://www.refresheverything.com/helphospicepatientskeeptheirpets
- Click on "Vote for this idea"
- The first time you do this, a small pop-up window will display asking for some basic information to complete your registration. Submit your information and click "Done." The pop-up window will close and you will be taken back to the landing page. Click "Vote For This Idea" and you are finished.
- When the pop up window displays, simply enter your email address and the password you created when you registered.
How can I use social media to help spread the word?
- Go to www.refresheverything.com
- In search bar at top right, type "HELP HOSPICE PATIENTS KEEP THEIR PETS"
- Click on the project name to bring up the project page
- On the right hand side of the project page, there are ways to share our page with family, friends and co-workers through a voting app for Facebook, links to popular social media sites, and widgets for bloggers.
Download and print these PDF documents. Pass them around to your family, friends and office mates!
Top 10 Ways You Can Help
Bark The Vote Fliers