Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two Year Ago Today

Two years ago today I wrote these words in my journal....

There she was in her tiny little igloo like bed, petite, dainty and perfect.
Beth (the rescue lady who found her) took her out of the cage and she clung
to me, mostly from fear I suspect. But, she was perfect. Then Beth said she
doesn’t have a tail. What? No tail! But then who cared, she was
perfect. She climbed up my shoulder and clung to me, my new baby.

We were in PetsMart a few hours doing all the paperwork, and
getting a few necessities for our cats. We even got Abby’s nail trimmed. She
didn’t resist or seem to mind all that much. Which is probably totally wrong,
the poor kittie was traumatized, I didn’t know how much right at that moment,
but it would be clear to me after I learned more of her
story.

After getting her some extra food & litter & a new
scratching post, we were off. Abby and her cute little meow rode like a dream in
the car, hardly any reaction at all. Did she like riding in the car, or was she
terrified of what fate would befall her?

She was lost. She had been
taken from the arms of a 10 year old who no doubt
loved her dearly. TOO affectionate her family complained. TOO much
underfoot, craving attention all
the time, this poor little kitty needed
lots of hugs and kittie kisses which her
human family did not want to give
her.

So we settled her into the
bathroom. We had food, water
and treats waiting for her. Found a comfy little bed that none of the cats
warmed but she climbed into. Put her scratching post nearby so she could paw
all over that. Put her favorite mousey in her bed along with the special toy
we brought her. Abby all 5 pounds of her was scared beyond
any understanding. Where am I, she had to ask? Where are my humans? Why did they
abandon me to these humans whose smell I don’t know and don’t like? What’s a
poor kitty who has no one in the world to do?

What she did was make as much ruckus as she knew how to make for us take her back. Shehissed and she growled, and she snapped & she swatted and she was totally untouchable. What have we gotten ourselves into? She hates being here,
she wants to go home!

Alone for the night, she must weep for her
former human child, it
all must seem like it’s a life time ago.

******

This was the first time I laid eyes on Abby.
It's two years babygirl and I love you more with each passing day. You are my sweet little furball and I am so happy fate brought us to each other.
Happy Gotcha Day my angel Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥