Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day

June 12th, 2005 was a big day for me. That was the day I was taken from the arms of my sweet friend and given to Lucky Cat Adoptions. My sweet friend was an 8 year old girl who had loved me for 3 years. Her Daddy did not like me and wanted to get rid of me. His neighbor was one of the ladies who worked with the Lucky Cat Adoptions group. I did not know what was happening that Sunday when they loaded me up. They put me in my igloo and put me in the car and took me to a lady I didn't know who then took me to a place that was filled with many many other kitties who I didn't know.
They transported me to a BIG noisy place called PetsMart where lots of beans, woofies, fev-vers and other kitties were. I was petrified. But, I sat there very still hoping no one would notice me and I watched everything from my little enclosed igloo. I didn't know why I was there. Then all of a sudden a lady came and she took my out of my igloo. I didn't know that this lady had come to see me and only me.This lady started to cry as she picked me up. I clung to her shoulder and would not let go. I didn't know what was happening. The next thing I knew I was being put into a PTU and taken out of the store. I thought OH GREAT they are taking me back to the arms of my sweet little girl. Halleluiah I was going home! But then I noticed we weren't heading in the right direction.
I was being taken to a new place. Believe me, I was mad! I was very mad. I was put into a room with lots of new things that this lady thought I would like. There were toys and treats, food and water, and a new bed. But, I didn't like any of it. I wanted to GO HOME! Take me home I yelled. I want to go back to my house and Casper my other kitty furfriend. I hissed and tried to put the REAL bitey on this strange woman. She was so upset and I thought GOOD now you'll take me back home.
Little did I know that my former Daddy had told the lady from Lucky Cat Adoptions that if this new lady did not want me , to just turn me loose behind PetsMart. This new lady knew that my former Daddy did not want me back and he was the reason why I had been placed up for adoption. She was very sad about this, but she also knew that the instant she laid eyes on me that her heart swelled up with love and she knew that I was the one and only kitty for her. At that moment I did not agree.
She was worried about me that first night. But by the next morning I was a bit more hospitable. She was quite relieved of my change of attitude. Although I made this new woman prove to me that she wasn't going to just pretend to care for me and then turn around and give me away.

It took several months to finally trust this new lady and I eventually began calling her Mom.
I still do not like living with other cats though. I tolerate them. But, I am especially hard on my new sisfur Boo. I am very jealous of Boo because Mom also loves her just as much as she loves me.
But, most of the time Boo is OK.
The main thing is this; Mom told me that no matter what and she emphasized the NO MATTER WHAT, she will always be there for me. She has promised that until the end of my days she will do everything to provide me with a good, safe, and loving home. I will never ever EVER be put up for adoption ever again.

It took me a long long LONG while to actually believe her.

Because it has happened twice to me; this adoption stuff.

But, I think that the third time was a charm.
I know it's the charm.
I am home.
Forever.
I have a few issues. I do like to put da bitey on. I don't draw blood (unless your a Daddy and then I might) but I pinch very hard. When Mom and I were first together I would put the pinch bitey on her all the time. I was testing her. Finally when I trusted her, I didn't do that anymore. I still put the bitey on her, but it is my happy bitey. It's my I LOVE YOU bitey.
I know I am small, but I have to keep up my BIG CAT ATTITUDE so I won't be pushed around. So, I put da bitey on!
I am very fankful to be in my final forever home.

These are some of Momma's favorite pictures of me. WE hope you enjoyed them.

Happy 3rd Gotcha Day sweet angel.

June 12, 2005 was one of the best days of my life!


No comments: