Monday, November 07, 2005

Sweets

Abby on the counter


It all started off like a normal workday morning. Each morning I get up and all the cats greet me with a very empty stomachs, so first order of business is getting breakfast on their plates. Then it's time for a little cleanup and finally I can start getting ready for work. Abby always stays with me each morning and will either sit at my feet or get up on her new box on top of the bathroom counter. This morning she had something different in mind. She kept walking right along the edges of the bathroom counter and then she would stop and nuzzle me right at the waist. She would look up at me like she does when she is ready to hop up into my lap, but I was standing up, so she had me a little perplexed by what she wanted. She walked by me several times and stopped and looked up at me, and finally she stood up and put her paws on my chest and I reached under her little bottom and she crawled up and got into my arms and began nuzzling my neck. When I began to pet her she started to purr very loudly, and the look in her eyes was sheer delight. After awhile I sat her down back on the counter so I could start getting ready for work, and she begged me again to pick her up and we repeated this same scene. I could not help but think back to her former owner telling me that they had to relinquish this cat because she was "too affectionate". All I want to do is show her how loved she is and I for one think she appreciates that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥