Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Window Seat


Abby has finally found the courage to get up into the window that looks out into the front area of our home. It is a place that ALL the other cats love because they can watch everything that goes on. Abby is a fearful kitty. I believe that is why she is so assertive with the other cats. But, yesterday as she was sitting in the window and I was nearby to give her security, my husband walked up towards the window from the garage and Abby became very alert and watched him with extreme caution. He moved back when he realized he was scaring her. I then left the laundry room and I saw Abby tear out of room and run down the hall where she sought safety in her little cave under the chair. She came into the kitchen where I was and looked at me with such fear in her eyes. I didn't move because I felt she would bolt if I moved towards her. Instead I spoke softly to her and called her to me and she came running to me. I thought to myself....what in heavens name did her former owners do to her to cause her to be so fearful? I took her in my arms and we sat down in her favorite chair and she settled into her familiar rountine and she was fast asleep in no time. It will be an ongoing process to try and relieve her of her fears and it will take years, if I can do it at all. But, I will continue to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥