Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Pink Cat

Yesterday afternoon I was making a new cake for our office luncheon. I was nearly finished with it when the phone rang. After finishing up the call, I noticed Boo had gotten up on the bar stool and was coming up on the counter...Abby's counter. Abby was in her new cat cave and naturally was watching what Boo was up to. When she felt Boo had invaded her terrority too far she zoomed out of the cat cave to chase her away. The only problem was there was a pink cake in the way. Boo nimbly avoided any contact with the cake, but Abby plunged right into it. There went 45 minutes down the drain and then there was Abby covered in pink frosting. I knew enough to grab her before she could dash off wearing her new pink fur and for 3 seconds I debated on whether to dunk her under the sink and just give her a bath. But, I figured I had enough excitement for one afternoon. So I just grabbed some paper towels and wet them down and cleaned her off. Now both of us are covered in pink frosting. I did manage to get most of it off of her and I figured she would get the sticky stuff once she started grooming herself. So, my cake...well I had to get my husband to bring me all the ingredients home from the grocery store and I got to make a second cake. This time there were no mishaps and the cake made it into work with me this morning intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥