Wednesday, August 09, 2006

PURR-fecta

Abby in the sunbeams getting her scritches.

The cat is the only animal that purrs. Consensus has it that the unique sound is made by two membrane folds behind the vocal cords, which our kitties are able to pull apart at the rate of 26 cycles per second, creating a sound much like the whirring of a motor. I imagine a purr to them is like mediation. It alters their consciousness which is why I believe that they purr when ill or hurt. It comforts them like their favorite snuggled spot. But to me, I love to feel and hear the cacophony of sounds which emanate from their tiny little furry bodies. It soothes my soul, and I suspect it also soothes theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥