Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nurse Abby


Last night I had a horrific nose bleed. It occurred while I was sitting at the computer with Abby in my lap. I was concerned mostly about getting any blood on her, and thankfully I did not. But what was interesting about this scenario was how Abby reacted. She knew something was wrong with her Momma. She followed me as I went into the kitchen as I tried to get the bleed to stop at the sink and she began to comfort me. She was right with me trying her best to get close to me. She headbutted me and paced back and forth, she was worried and finally when I got things under control, she crawled back into my lap and gazed up at me with those loving eyes and began to groom me. I think there is a little bit of a nurse in Abby.

Once when Abby was still living with her former family, the little girl who she was deeply attached to decided to play a trick on her. Abby was sitting next to her on the side of the tub, and she submerged herself below the water. Abby became alarmed and thought something harmful had happened. She raced into the kitchen to find the little girl's Mom. To get her attention she nipped her on the heel and made her come to the bathroom to check on the little girl. Of course there was nothing wrong, but it demonstrates to me how she interprets things.

She has always come to me when she hears me go "owwie" and woe be it to any of the other cats if they are nearby. Somehow she seems to believe that they are the one who has caused my pain. She is such a special little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥