Friday, December 22, 2006

My Beautiful Girl

My Beautiful girl. UPDATE:
I just got back from the Vet. She said that she thought it was a sprained muscled or pulled ligament. She couldn't feel anything when she palpated her, and the X-Rays were negative. So she believes it is a soft muscle tissue problem. Poor Abby doesn't understand that she can't jump. Our Vet also thought it may have occurred when Abby became a ninja kitty last night. She said Manxies don't have all the bones and ligaments that other Cats do and they are more prone to hindquarter problems. But she is eating and drinking and doing all the normal things. In fact I am having a problem in keeping her from trying to hop up on stuff or from just going ahead and hopping up on things. I have a series of steps for her near the places she likes to be 'high' on. But, keeping her quiet and away from the other Cats (like the Vet recommended) is going to be near impossible. THANKS everyone for your concern. I was so afraid this morning when I got up to get ready for work. None of the Cats have had anything like this and I really didn't even know what it was. Major crisis averted!
It is customary for Abby to follow me into the bedroom while I take my shower and sit down for a little bit in front of the TV, she will nestle herself up in my lap and take a short snooze. Boo usually joins us, by jumping in the chair and lays down beside me. Last night Boo decided to be brave and she started sniffing Abby. For some reason Abby came unglued and she came at Boo with full force (I was in the middle). Boo retreated but Abby was so angry at her, I knew that she couldn't stay in the room because she would have been after Boo. So I picked her and and took her into the kitchen and gave her her normal treats. She seemed fine. This morning when I got up to feed them, Abby tried to jump up onto the stool that sits by the counter in the kitchen. She didn't make the jump and fell back to the floor. I thought she had just missed. So I went and picked her up and put her on the counter so I could feed her. She ate just great. Then as per our morning ritual, I sat down in the bathroom for her to cuddle up in my lap. This was a much smaller jump, but again she couldn't do it. When I reach down to scoop her up in my hand to lift her up she cried. Now Abby is a little trouper. She doesn't cry out in pain. So I watched her walk and I saw she was dragging just a little that left back leg. She cannot jump up and there is something wrong. It was a very hard thing for me to leave her this morning at home. I set up her area in the kitchen with different levels so she could nearly walk up and I also set up her little sleeping spot the same way. I will call the vet first thing and get her in today. But my heart is very heavy with worry. I hope it is something minor. But I can't help but be full of worry. It was all I could do to take myself to work this morning. If there had been any one at all in my office today I wouldn't have left her. But, unfortuanately I am it. Still whenever they get me in today I am going. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥