Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful

Gracie:
I have a lot to be thankful for. I was a formerly feral kitty and I was abandoned and left at Animal Care and Control. They let me stay on their front door step for a few days while I did my best to impress each and every bean that crossed my path. I pitfully meowed and got beans attention and then I would shower them with head butts and try to impress them with my sweet meows. I worked and worked and worked. But sadly it wasn't doing me any good. Then this lady bean and man bean came in looking for their lost kitty. They were very sad. They sat and watched me outside the front door and asked why I was being left outside. The ACC people said what the lady bean thought was a heartless thing when they said that they didn't want to bring me in because then I would have to go back into the cages with the other kitties. When the lady bean was taken back to look at the other cages she came out of the place with leaky eyes. Then she understood that it wasn't heartless to leave me outside. The man bean asked the lady bean did she want to take me home and in a squeaky voice she said "YES".... oh yeah she said YES and then I had my forever home. But I will never forget that I was once homeless and scared and formerly feral, and that now I have a lot to be very thankful for.

No comments: