Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Dewey

This weekend I had the luxury to dig into a book I recently acquired called Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron.
A few weeks ago on the CBS Sunday Morning show they did a segment on Dewey and Vicki Myron who was the librarian in the small town of Spencer, Iowa who was the first person to find Dewey. You see Dewey was dropped off into the library book drop box on one of the coldest days of the year in January of 1988. Dewey was not your ordinary cat, nope not at all, he was really special and unique cat. It was a fantastic book which I highly recommend if you enjoy reading cat books.
But the strange part about this was when I came to the part of story where Dewey dies. Now I know I'm not giving away to much of the story by saying that but it's important because in the book it comes suddenly and I was taken by surprised, so much so that I sat there and cried out loud like a little baby. Well, imagine my surprise when all of a sudden I heard my little baby girl call out to me and boom all of a sudden she jumped up into my lap and started purring and kneading me. Abby heard my cries and she came to soothe my pain. She has comforted me before but this time she wasn't anywhere near where I was and it was such a surprise to have her come from one side of the house to the other to comfort me.
*sigh*
Dewey wasn't the only extraordinary cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥