Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day


It's Mother's Day.

For many people this is a cause for great celebrations.

But not for some people.

For those, it will bring a bittersweet taste of
anguish and sadness.

It will be a heavy day for those who are reminded that
their Mothers are no longer with them -- through
loss or absence.

Today might be that kind of day for you.

It may be a day when you look around at others who are
so gleefully celebrating and you look at an empty chair.

You are not alone, and if you hurt then hurt.

It's OK to not be alright.

Even though your heart is breaking, know that it is still working.
That you have the ability to care and care deeply.

I know that isn't the traditional Mother's Day message.
But, I know too that it is a day that stings the soul of millions.
The only thing I can say is that every one of us has had a Mother
even if we lost them.
I am still grateful to have mine.
She's 88 and in good health for that age.
But, I now recognize that these holidays are triggering for 
many, and there just is no easy way.
Blessings for all. 

14 comments:

  1. That is a poignant message, and so very true.

    I am right now looking after a sweet lady who I am sure will be in Heaven in a matter of days. I chatted with her so for a while today, and he knows it will be the last Mother's Day for her to be there with him...life is so hard sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My human doesn't celebrate Mother's Day, but she has come to terms with it so it doesn't bother her anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I are always a fan of black and white photos, and this is so cute. I'm paying a special tribute to my mom with today's post, but I'm sad for dad because his mom is no longer here. Your post is beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s beautiful sweet Annabelle! Happy Mother’s Day to your very special Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special and poignant message, sweet pals. Wishing you a blessed Mother's Day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mothers Day! It is good you still have your mother and that she is in good health.
    Mother's Day was in March in the UK. I was 30 when she died but I take flowers to where her ashes are buried. I was 5 when my father died and she never told me where his ashes were laid to rest so I include him when I leave flowers for my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful cat mom! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mom really misses her Mom today. But she is also a Mom and my human brother is the best.
    You are the best!
    You are AMAZING!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Love Marv and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful message. Have a happy Mother's Day ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost my mom when I was 30. I always remember her on her day and her birthday. XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well said. Dads mother has passed and he misses her. We all will carry our dear mothers deep in our hearts for all our lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sentiment. Hope your Mother's Day has been just purrfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mom’s mom is no longer here...but always in her heart. Happy Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy Mother's Day to your sweet mom.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥