Thursday, August 13, 2020

This and That

I had taken my P&S camera out to try and get some

nighttime photos of the full moon & Jupiter and when I

downloaded the images I found the final photos I had taken

of Mina. I didn't know they were there and when I saw them

I just cried so hard. These were taken in July sometime. I had just

found the old P &S and it was easier to use to try and capture

photos of Mina & the kittens. Seeing those images and not expecting

them just took my breath away and brought it all back.

I see the kittens Daddy and I wonder why is he still OK,

and Mina isn't. Not that I'm wishing ill on him, but why did she

have to go? She was just slowly, oh so slowly, getting relaxed.

She would come up to my legs and rub and she would let me

give her scritches. It just saddens me to no end.

Millie saying tell me to hurry up and serve up dinner.
Mazie Daisy and Millie.
                                So while I was out looking for the moon all of a sudden there a

BIG BOOM, and all the cats scattered.


I look up and my next door neighbor is shooting off fireworks.

This is from my driveway.

I was not a happy camper at all.

All the cats inside and out were terrified.

This went on for about 30 minutes and there wasn't any rhyme or reason.

I mean this was just a few days before Isaias.

                                             The shoe I was waiting to drop is that limb.

These are not my trees. They sit on the property next to mine. But I've had to deal

with the fallout every time. I know the scale is hard to understand, but that limb

is about 250lbs. Yep, it fell. It actually fell on the 4th. I was glad I got the photo of it

hanging by a thread.

*sigh*

There is always problems with my property line trees.

During 2016 after Irma I had all those trees you see in this picture trimmed,

as much as I could because the mess they gave me after Irma was awful.

Over the past 5 yrs I've taken down 17 trees on my property and have been working

on getting every standing tree trimmed.

I am almost through with all the trees on the property.

Once I get ALL the work done I will be able to just have the tree company

come out and do maintenance on the entire yard yearly. I love trees but

not during storms.

9 comments:

  1. We are sad all over again about Mina too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sad to find the unknown photo of Mina, but it is another memory of a pretty girl.
    What is with your neighbours letting off fireworks like that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it was so sad, stumbling across that photo of Mina. Poor love. I was emailing with someone recently, about the loss of her fur baby, discussing how non-humans (in this case our pets) have their own souls' journey, separate from the lives they share with us. So while horrible and tragic, maybe it was time for Mina's soul to continue its journey. It's a comforting thought, anyway. ♥

    As for your neighbour...idiot. We have them in our area too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that had to be very sad. Oh my, we hate idiot neighbors with their stupid fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's sad to run across an unexpected photo of a loved one. But it's such a wonderful photo of Mina, I'm glad you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful photo of Mina. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just don’t understand why some things happen. But it’s a lovely picture of Mina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remain very sorry about Mina's fate. Life is very hard for animals on the outside, and we can become very attached to them...

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥