Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Annabelle's Antics


*


***

Our Daddy is being put to rest today.
We may not have seen him in awhile, but he
always asked about us.
Mom says that was the last thing he asked her
about was us in their final phone call.
As much as Mom is finding a new world
around her, she is waiting
for that next call.
Which now Daddy won't ever do again.
Please keep us in your prayers.

***

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost,
but now I am found
Was blind, but now can see.
*
Yea when this flesh and heart shall fail
And mortal life shall cease
I shall possess within the veil
A life of joy and peace.

***


1990
CA


1991
Jackson Hole, WY

The photo above of Wally walking away in a denim jacket
makes me think of him heading off on his final journey.
I just can't believe he's gone.
I know that is what everyone feels at a time like this.
It's just unreal.
After 33 years...
there's just a lot of memories.

***
Life is eternal,
and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon
and a horizon is 
nothing save the limit
of our sight.
~Rossiter Worthington Raymond





 

17 comments:

  1. I am sending lots of purrs to you. What a sad, sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and purrs for you as you say your final goodbye.
    I really like the quote from Rossiter Worthington Raymond.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers to you all. No matter what challenges in a relationship, however it ended, there's always a tangle of messy, human emotions. We wish your mom peace, Annabelle. God/dess/Universe/Spirit Bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debra I send you my deepest condolences today. I know Wally has been in declining health for some time. I love that he always remembered the kitties when you spoke
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly sorry Debra; sending hugs ~~~ ♥♥♥♥ Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purrs, prayers and hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you hugs on this sad day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Debra, we are so sorry. Sending you and the kitties hugs, and gentle purrs and prayers, at this sad, sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending love and prayers for you at this sad time. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone going and never coming back always seems unreal. I think it may be because there is nothing that comes before that compares to it. We have to get used to someone not being in our life, and there is no precedence for that person being gone. We cry for them and we cry for ourselves; that’s all right, because they are with God, and we must remain here, alone, for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very sad. We send you our heartfelt love and support with prayers and care.
    Dad Pete and Family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debra, your loving tribute and understanding as well of Wally and life after he has gone puts tears in my eyes. What a loving, loving message here not only to Wally as it were, but to all of us.
    Love and Hugs. (That never changed).

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥