Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Boo Hoos


Boo says:
I had to go to the Vet last week.
Mom didn't notice I had a nail embedded
in my paw pad. (I felt so bad about that).

She was a trooper about the whole thing.

***
It isn't as easy as it once was to get a 
vet appointment without paying through the roof.

***
The vet appointment alone went up $10 from 2021
to 2022. Then they charged $15 to cut her nails.
So an extra $25 added cha-ching to my bill.
I hate to be petty,
but with a $75 dollar office visit,
and it takes what, 1-3 minutes to clip
some claws isn't that overkill?
Then add in blood work,
medicine & going to vet costs as much
as going to the Doctor!
OUCH!
(If you have to make what they call an
*emergency appointment*
which is them fitting you in on 
the same day, they charge an additional
$20 -- that's what happened to us with
Mr Jinx)
 I heard the receptionist talking to someone
on the phone and she was explaining how medications
were going up shortly.
*sigh*
It's going to be hard for a lot of people to afford vet care.

***
Vent over.


 

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your nail taken care of, Boo. But yeah, that was expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Prices are going up :/
    Happy to hear your nails are done now and you are OK :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad your nail is fine now, Miss Boo.

    Don't even mention vet costs. The biped certainly will not ever be able to have another fur companion after Derry, it's that bad now. 😕

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really expensive! I am glad the claw is okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom tries hard to make sure my nails get cut before it's too late, too. My vet charges 23$ to cut her nails! That's horrible. If they add an office charge too...I'd have to be out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every aspect of our lives human and pets continues to rise.
    I wish I was close by I'd be very happy to clip the nails free.
    It is not something that can be easily done by one person. Bryan would hold both Milky-Way and Madi...while I clipped.
    Maybe the vets might consider one day a month as nail clip day and maybe that way they could charge less.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. boo for what it's worth you look FABulous though I'm sorry your mom purrson had to give those green papers to the vet instead of buying everyone canned goods ~~ hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Boo. You were lucky to get an appointment. I called for an appointment for Sammy the other day and Feb 28th was the earliest. And yes, the prices are outrageous. We picked up Emmy;s heart meds at Walgreen and they were $115.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prices of everything are going through the roof. It's absolutely ridiculous. I had a nail situation like that with Tara once and I felt terrible :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs sweet Boo. Yes, Vet costs are almost more than human Doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, that pedicure was super pricey, Miss Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy yes, hurts to go out anywhere now - grocery stores, vets, anywhere. Thankfully, we allow the human dad to clip our nails, so less expense there.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, veterinary care has always been expensive and, like everything else, will go up. I don't know how many people will afford a lot of things, not just vet care.

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥