Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Food For Thought



I have tried to feed our cats with food that was 'good' for them as well as food that they liked. I have done some research on cat foods and it's a little disturbing what the manufacturers can get by with. Every time that I find what is suppose to be a a 'premium' cat food, my cats nearly refuse to eat it. This last time I purchased Royal Canin which I understood was suppose to be good for them. Well they will nibble on it, but they still like Purina One better. I have tried to find them better canned foods but they still prefer Friskies, which I know is like 'fast food'. Probably tastes good (to them) just like a fast food burger joint tastes good to for us. But, I wonder about the nutritional value in the food. Jinx is always hungry. He rarely eats the dried food I have out at all the times. Abby is the only one who likes the dried food, but then she has rarely eaten the canned foods in the past, and I discovered why her former owners did not feed her anything other than dried foods. Her little system just can't take too much of the wet foods. I have found that the Meow Mix in the packet is something she can eat without suffering any bad results. But, I only sparingly give that to her once a day. Boo & Abby LOVE the Temptation treats...and I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The other cats could care less about them. On special occasions I will give them bites of plain cooked chicken. But, I try not to give them too much human food. As it is, Abby wants to sit in my lap at dinnertime. So, I being the obedient cat slave let her.