Thursday, October 13, 2005

Loyalty


Loyalty:
a feeling or attitude of devoted attachement and affection


A common Manx trait is one of loyalty. Abby, my Manx is extremely loyal. We adopted her in June from a rescue group. She had previously been in two other homes and with her last family for three years. One trait they did not like about her was her need for affection. Abby is exceptionally cute, especially since she is a minature in size. At 4 1/2 pounds she is quite diminitive. But, what she lacks in size she makes up in stature. She has a strong personality. When she first came home with us she nipped any hand that came near her, with lots of patience and determination I have gained her trust and she rarely nips at me. I can only surmise that in her mind, there was some NEED to protect herself from. She now knows that she has nothing to fear and I believe she understands that and that is why she stopped nipping. She is quite affectionate, and I can see the calm soothing look in her eyes when she lies in my lap. She loves to groom me and she will do that for some time, after she has finished her task of grooming she will fall deeply asleep and snore! Occassionlly she will fall so deep into sleep that she will dream and whiskers, ears, & paws will twitch. I believe she finally feels safe and secure in a home where she has no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥