Wednesday, November 16, 2005

New Kid On The Block


Sorry this picture is a little hard to see. I took it off our back screened in porch, it's the new nearly all black kitty that has taken residence up next door to us.
Last weekend I looked out my kitchen window and there sat this young tuxedo cat. He looked as startled to see me as I was to see him. But, he didn't fly away like most stray cats do. I tried to talk to him as much as he would let me, but in the end his fear got the better of him. It got me to thinking about how lucky my 5 cats are, each one of them someone else threw away. I couldn't help but get a little lump in my throat and wonder about this little guy and why he was out there on his own. I wish I could take in all the strays that show up, but the room at this inn is full. Still I cannot help but feel for all the little ones that stroll through my yard. I can only hope that more people spay and neuter... so sad to see a lonely cat watching you through a window seemingly asking to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥