Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Littlest Angel

Abby
~~~~
A few weeks ago I finally got to see an older movie on TV entitled "Defending Your Life" with Albert Brooks & Meryl Streep. It is a thought provoking movie. It deals with a man who dies and goes to a place where the main characters lives are examined to determine where they should go from that point on. It's premise is based on people letting fear hold them from truly experiencing life to it's fullest. I gave this some thought, and came to the conclusion that there is some truth to this idea. I say all that to admit my f-e-a-r. I have been dreading and fearing taking Abby to the vet for what some would feel is minor dentistry work, maybe even rountine. I ultimately fear losing her to some unknown problem. I worry I am doing the right thing. and believe me I have thought long and hard about having this done to her. But, I realize my fear and I am doing the best I can to overcome it. Today will be hard for me, and for her. It was difficult for me this morning to not go through our normal weekday rountines, it was hard to walk out the door and say goodbye. It will be hard to know how afraid she will be when my husband puts her in the carrier to take her the 45 minute ride to the vet. It will be hard to know she is alone at the vet today, fearful and out of her normal rountine. It will be hard waiting to hear that it's all over and she is fine. SHE IS FINE! It will be hard, and I will be fearful, and I will work on that fear, and she will be fine. I love you Abby, you are my angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥