Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Feel Like A Bad Momma

My precious Boo.

Yesterday when I got home from work I thought I noticed Boo favoring her eye. So, I tried to get a good look at her, but Abby would have none of that. She proceed to howl at Boo everywhere I took her, she even gave me a little "you know better" nip to let me know I needed to pay attention to her. Boo seemed fine and everyone had their dinner. Then when Boo went into her room and she was lounging on the bed with me giving her scritches, I noticed her eye again. It looked swollen and she was keeping it closed. So, I called her Dad in and he looked at her and we decided to call the VET....they said bring her in. So poor Boo had to be carted off to the VET. Mine you there is a storm brewing out in the Gulf. I figured better not wait even if this is a false alarm. When she was examined they found a small ulcer on her eye, which probably resulted from someone (dare I say ABBY??) scratched her on her eye. So, we have to administer two types of medications to her eye and give her a syringe of pain medication. On the way back from the VET, Boo got out of her carrier in the car, I sat with her in my arms and she swirmed but she let me keep her. She was shivering so badly I felt real helpless not being able to ease her pain and discomfort. Once we got home we put her back in the bedroom as the VET said to try to keep her in a darken room because that ulcer feels pretty bad. But each time we would go into the bedroom she would dash out, then Abby would chase her, then she wanted back in the room and this went on for awhile. Finally we had to give her the eye medications. THAT was a fiasco. Dad held her and she was so good, but Mom was the one who messed it all up. I tried to get the goo into her eye and did, then I thought I wiped off the excess, then I did the drops, and wiped the excess of that as well ,but somehow Boo got some into her mouth and she started foaming. So I dashed off to read whether there was any need to call Poison Control (thankfully NO) and she got out once again with Abby chasing her. Poor Boo, now her eye hurt, she had braved the VET, now she was getting chased all over, and to top it all off, I had gotten medicine in her mouth. Finally we got her back into the bedroom and she settled down next to me in the chair like she normally does. It was just her and I. She seemed to like that, I could tell when she looked up at me that she was thinking "where is that little bratty sister?". But, she was quite happy to lay there and not be disturbed and she fell asleep. We kept her in the room all night with us, and she was exceptionally good. She let me sleep most of the night. Woke me up once by falling on my face, but most of the time she was laying on top of the pillow I have for her and she was quite happy. It was a bad night period as I was listening for NOAA alerts for tornados. An alert came at 3AM this morning and there was some damage at the Beaches. We are under a Tornado Watch until 2PM today and then they predict another feeder band from Alberto will come in later this afternoon. I worry about the little poodins at home...but they are probably safer than their Mom and Dad who had to fight the bad weather and get to work. I did leave Boo in the bedroom so that no one would bother her today. We have to go back for a checkup Thursday. But, I she seemed to be doing pretty well this morning. I dread giving her more of that medication....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥