Monday, September 25, 2006

Reflections

Yesterday afternoon I sat down to read a book I had purchased the day before. It is from the series called A Cup Of Comfort. The book contains a series of short stories that are written for inspiration purposes. This one story called "Joan's Lover" isn't about what you may think, but instead tells the tale of a woman who is losing her sight to a debilitating eye disorder. As she is losing her sight, she is also losing her independence and self confidence, until her husband introduces her to Lover. Lover somehow miraculous understands her self doubt and slowly and surely helps her to regain what her sight is making her lose. Lover you see is a horse that she grows to love and trust and who loves Joan in turn. Sadly to say, the story ends on a bittersweet note, because after 25 years the horse becomes ill and has to be put down. As I sat there in my chair reading, and weeping, I could not help but look down on my lap and see my little fur ball curled up tightly on my lap in her little blanket and completely understand Joan feelings of love and devotion. It's amazing how much difference a animal can make in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥