Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Traditions

BOO

Our evening ritual consists of playing Mousie and Stick. Boo loves to chase the stick end of her feather toy when it is moving under the blankets. She got my fingers instead of the stick last night while we played. She also loves to run after the mouse, and she likes me to throw it up in the air and she will jump gracefully to ‘capture’ it. Once she has it, she is content to give it back to me so I can repeat this process over and over again. Last night she was still wound up so even though the lights went off she continued to play like a herd of wildebeests across the bed. She finally settled in and started her other nightly custom, which is doing the Monster Mash on her pillow. She must mash the blanket into the pillow with all four paws and she wants me to give her a good back scritch while she is doing it, and once she was satisfied herself that it is just purrfect, she will plop down, her little motor purring at full speed and curl up right next to me and finally fall asleep. She will not move throughout the night unless I do, but once awake she is ready to get up and have breakfast. Depending upon how early it is that either her or I wake or what day of the week it is, sometimes, well many times, I have to pick her up and let her out of the bedroom, so she can roam or nap in another part of the house for a few hours until it is time for breakfast. BOY do they know when it is time for breakfast! I felt real bad this morning because Abby got right under my feet (normally she is real good about watching where I am versus where she is) and I had just put my shoes on and Ping came by and knocked me off balance so I ended up pinching one of her little paws. She yelped so loud, but she was fine when I gave her cookies for a treat this morning. So all is well. I am sure as I type this that all 5 of them are back in their little nesting spots fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥