Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lingering Reflections


Earlier this week I was driving down one of the busiest roads in our fair city when I noticed off to the right near the side of a road a black and white cat that lay dead. It struck me quite hard as this poor little creature had not been there very long. Tears fell from my eyes and I began to wonder what life this little cat had led, which got me to think about all those poor animals that are longing for a good meal and warm and safe place to call home. Those of us in the cat community do our best to care for all the homeless creatures we are aware of and it still isn't enough. It saddens me deeply and I have carried this image with me all week. I don't have any answers and I suppose that is why I still have these lingering feelings. What more can we do? Hug your little furry one today and say a prayer for those less fortunate. Give to your local no kill animal shelters or rescue group because they are really doing a great deal to help save as many abandoned animals as they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥