Thursday, December 28, 2006

12-29-28

It was only 4 days after Christmas 1929, my father was born into a tiny tin roofed house with no electricity or running water in a small rural town 50 miles East of Dallas Texas. He lived in this same small town until he left to join the Navy in the 1940's . The Navy took him many places, but he settled into Jacksonville, FL. There he met my Mother and rest as they say is history. He never returned to those Texan roots that meant so much to him.

My memories of my Father are firmly planted in his enormous presence. He stands 6'4", and as a child I thought he was a giant. I thought my Daddy could do anything. I had one of those blessed childhoods where we grew up like "Leave It To Beaver." I can credit both of my parents to raising my brother and myself with great care and love and security.

As a baby boomer, I can now view my parents with different eyes, grateful eyes. They both sacrificed a lot for my brother and myself. They still do.

Today marks 78 years of his life. It is a life well lived and I hope he feels well loved.

I love you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥