Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Elusive Grace

Gracie does not like having her picture taken. Where Abby, Boo and Jinx will tolerate having their pictures snapped and flashes going off, Gracie runs at the sight of the camera. (Ping is a real ham; he loves having his picture taken, I think that is why I get such beautiful pictures of him.)Or if by chance she will stay still long enough, the moment she hears the shutter click she runs off and I usually get a partial cat in the picture frame. We don't know why, but Gracie is fearful. She is fearful of any sudden movement or sound. She is just a little over 6 pounds so she is a small girl and she has very short legs, but when she moves she goes by in a blur. I surmise that whoever had her prior to us shooed her away everytime she came near. She is such a friendly girl and quite loving, I just don't know how some people can be so unkind. It will take a long long time before she loses her fear, but I pray that she will one day. I work with her and she has started to come around. She loves to head bonk, and she enjoys getting up in my lap. But she only stays for brief moments and then she becomes the flash again. Abby torments her; but she is very quick with that left jab, so Abby has gotten slapped a few times. Time will tell if we can slowly pull Gracie from her shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥