Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homage to My Hero Ansel Adams

OK Momma I will let you tell your stories, but don't fink furr one min-it I'm gonna let yoo have moore dan one day a week at dis!
purrs,



I love master photographer Ansel Adams work.
He is an absolute genius.
If I ever had a dream it was to be able to a photographer.

*****

In 1991 my husband and I took a vacation out west.
One part of the trip was to Yosemite.
Unbelievably gorgeous!
I was dragging around a ten ton SLR camera with another couple of tons of equipment.
(Thinking I was a real shutterbug!)
Of course, I had to take pictures in B/W (because Adams did).
This is a scanned image.
It's hard to make a mistake when photographing El Capitan. The majesty of the mountain itself is simply enough. The beauty of the entire park is majestic.
I am so glad, that in my lifetime I was able to visit.
And ...
pretend for just a few brief clicks of the camera I was Ansel.

8 comments:

  1. We like that story and think it is a marvelous photo!

    Hello handsome Ping--what do you look like in black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad hero to have! Our Mom loves his work too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We liked the story too! Yosemite? Isn't that where Sam lives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photo! I'd love to go there some day. To think now all we have to do is take 300 digital pictures of the same thing...one of them is bound to come out looking great! :).
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what an astounding picture...you are right there is no bad angle of that majestic monument!!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tommy likes Ansel too--and I think you did a GREAT job! I'm a cat--so I know these things--plus you took a precious photo of kitty--just like a Mom should! :)

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥