Thursday, February 25, 2021

#TBT


January 2013

Last week was a rough one.
There were too many losses that happened.
I will concentrate on the ones in cat world.

***

Each time
EACH time
there is cat that goes to the Rainbow Bridge
it makes my heart ache.
It brings back the intense incredible sorrow
or losing my own.

***

There is no way around it.
The loss triggers my own.
I know the pain.
I know the silence.
I know the longing.
Each of us does.

***

It never makes it any easier to deal with.
I've learned that no matter the length of time,
the loss is still there.
Waiting as a reminder.
Of what once was.

***
I admire you if you have healed
and you are filled with only love
and it brings a smile to your heart.
There are those of us who
haven't gotten to that spot.
Maybe never will.
Our pain becomes raw again.
Briefly.
And we miss
oh how we miss
the one we lost.

***

#TBT
#missingyou


The same camellia bush I shared with you
last week.
Taken in the same week as the photo of Abby
above.
Jan 2013.

For you my lovely Abby.
May sunshine be blessing your face.

 

9 comments:

  1. Lots of purrs to you. Part of my human will always ache for the kitties from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. You say what I feel in a much better way than I could ever express it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We understand, those losses are crushing here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our heart break. But life brings new love. We send you whisker kisses and strength and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pain that never goes away. It's because we love them so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand. I still grieve for every cat I have lost. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your kind and loving heart that grieves for little Abby and Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve lost four of my cats in less than two years, so I know what you mean. It’s very hard when one loses a beloved cat, and when others lose one, the feelings are all too familiar. Remembering Abby, and all the others...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know loss of course. I suffer as well when our friend's cats pass. It beings tears to my eyes because I, as does everyone else here, understand the loss, the intense pain, the silence and the crushing loss when we come home expecting to be greeted lovingly and no one is there. It comes rushing straight at you all over again. Overwhelming.
    Katie Isabella and Mom

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥