Thursday, June 10, 2021

TBT


When I think of death,
and of late the idea has come
with alarming frequency,
I seem at peace with the idea
that a day will dawn
when I will no longer be
among those living in this 
valley of strange humors.

**
I can accept the idea of my own
demise, but I am unable to
accept the death of anyone else.
I find it impossible to let go a
friend or relative into the
country of no return.
Disbelief becomes my close companion
and anger follows in it's wake.

**
I answer the heroic question 'Death where is
thy sting?'' with "It is here in my
heart and mind and memories.'

~Maya Angelou


***
#TBT
#missingyou

 

7 comments:

  1. ewe look most bee ewe tee uz abby ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still difficult to think about most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby was beautiful. I don't fear my own death either, only those of my mloved ones ( people and cats). XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad we have to say goodbye to those we love but love endures, it grows and strengthens. Love comes in to carry us when we feel low and can give us strength to live today instead of yesterday yet couched with sweet memories of times past

    ReplyDelete
  5. Death often seems the worst for those who remain. Someday we will cause such pain for our loved ones...

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥