Thursday, September 05, 2024

A Letter For Boo


Dear Boo,

It's been some time since we were last together.
It seems like it's been forever.
It seems like it was just yesterday.
Sometimes it feels like you were never here.
The empty spaces where you use to be sit
idly silent.
I can only look at your photos and remember
what once was,
and never will be again.
I miss you so very much,
as does Annabelle.
She has been so different since you left us.
It chills me to the bone,
because I fear something is wrong with her.
It's my mind tearing my heart apart.

***
You know, as you saw me often enough,
and heard me softly with all the regrets I've shared
in your presence over the losses that have happened
that in so many ways I don't have that with you.
Because you were so blessed until the very 
last not to have had to deal with a lengthy
illness or suffer in any way.
It happened all so suddenly.
 I know your life was filled with love
and pampering, and also thst you had lived
a long long life.
I couldn't regret any of it.
Only that one thing,
that one thing 
 finally your body couldn't overcome it and 
I had to let you go.

***
The sadness is in the empty spaces
you once occupied. All of what we shared for
so many years. I know how long it took before
I could say Abby's name without tears,
and I fear it will be the same with you.

They say, grief is love with nowhere to go,
and that the price of deep love is
deep grief. 
I'm here to say it's all true.
I miss you more than I can ever begin to express.
I look at those soulful eyes of yours in
photographs and long to reach out and touch you
again, and hold you close to my heart.
I can't reach you.
It hurts.
I know it always will.

My only solace is believing you are now
restored again to what you once 
were and that you are happy and whole.
That one day, one day, you will 
rejoice to meet me at the base of that Bridge.

Until then I love you always,
Mom





 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, daring to love deeply makes us also grief deeply.
    The only solace we have is knowing that we loved our kitties and gave them a good and sheltered life.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs as you remember your sweet girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Boo was a marvel, and I don't doubt that anyone who met her is missing her. Annabelle is grieving in her own way, I think, though she may not know exactly what has happened. We can only go on with those remaining, and remember those who have gone on ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big virtual hugs sent for you. We never stop grieving over those we have loved so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right that you and your beloved Miss Boo will be reunited one fine day. Until then, we are sending you love and gentle purrs as you remember her.

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥