Thursday, August 15, 2024

Buddy


The above photo is of Buddy.
Buddy was a feral cat.
He had taken up residence here at my house
some years ago.
Buddy never allowed me to get close to him.
This is about as close as I could get.


Buddy with several of the outdoor cats who 
have made housecalls here for food.


Another photo of them eating.
I found Buddy in a bad state a few days ago.
I really know nothing about Buddy.
What I saw of him here was that he made good
friends with another feral who I call Whitey
(because he is mostly a white cat).
They adore each other.
I think both of them feel the abandonment
of former owners who did not want them anymore.
But, Buddy left this world
8-12-24.
A cat who only left his mark on my heart.
But that was enough.
I know I couldn't do more other than to feed you
and give you the shelter I could offer.
I know you never went hungry.
I'm sorry this world wasn't fair to you Buddy.
I know you're in a much better world now.

 

10 comments:

  1. How sad. I am very sorry. I feel so bad for his friend now. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed very sad that so many kitties still struggle for life as their owners didn't care or just abandoned them.
    You did what you could, by feeding him and providing shelter.
    Hoping that Whitey can cope with this loss of Buddy!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Buddy, we're sorry to hear that. I know all too well what it's like caring for ferals who won't get close. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry for your loss of Buddy. He sounds a lot like Mom's Peter, although Peter did allow pets he would not allow anyone to pick him up and he would not come inside enclosed spaces, not even the garage with the door up. But he left a huge hole in Mom's heart when he disappeared and it sounds like Buddy left with a piece of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for Buddy's passing. Even though he wouldn't allow you too close he lived his life his way, and he knew you cared for him and ensured he was well fed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for Buddy's loss. You did the best you could for him, and it was enough. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. buddy noes ewe did rite bye him and will all wayz rememburrz
    yur kindnezz and lovez….az he startz hiz tenth and foreverz life in heaven, eye hope he can vizit with de manx mews crew. mannee thanx two ewe D …for carin for him 💚💙💖💖 mackerull and de gurl L

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so sorry. Buddy was lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buddy was a lucky feral to have you watching over him. His meals, tasty and assured, probably made each of his days; something to look forward to, happiness. You made a great difference in Buddy's life. Godspeed, Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fortunate Buddy was to have found his way to you. Thank you so much, dear friend, for caring for him and loving him even from a distance. Somehow, we know that he knew that. Sending love and gentle purrs to you and to Buddy's friend Whitey, too.

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥