Saturday, August 12, 2023

When A Heart Breaks


Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as like they're here to stay
oh I believe in Yesterday.
~Lennon & Mccartney

***
Yes, it does seem like Yesterday, but indeed today
marks 10 years. 
10 years?
How?
Where did the time go?

I spent some time,
just recently, 
going through the entire postings
from late July 2013 until
the end of August 2013.
I haven't ever done that.
I have to confess,
I wasn't able to go through 
every post even now.

You know my dearest Abby, 
you are never far away in my thoughts.
I miss you just as much this day, as I did the moment your spirit
left your body in my arms.
And there are moments when I still have that gut punch and I 
feel the tremendous loss of you all over again,
but those moments are fewer and far between.

You taught me so much over these past ten years.
You helped me let Gracie go with the understanding it was
best for her rather than fighting a losing battle.
I learned from you that Jinx would tell me in his own
way that it was time to depart and I gave him his wish.
And finally Ping...oh Ping what a guy he was.

You taught me about Grief and Unconditional Love.
So many lessons. Many I'm still learning.
Boo is not far behind all of you, and although she is doing
well for now, I know her time is short.
Then you all will be together again, the Fab Five.
Which will be another big moment in my life.

I know that I need no words to tell you this, because from
my heart to yours there is no need of words.
But I began this blog for you, and I kept it going after you left,
for a while at least. Until it became too hard to keep going.

Wait for me my special one.
Wait for me just up ahead.
One day will be my day to join you.
I can't wait to see you reach up
and put your paws around my neck
like you used to do, so many years ago.

I love you, Abby.
I love you more than stars in the sky,
and water in the oceans.
I love you beyond this universe.
Into that great beyond,
and by God,
I will be with you there
one day.
πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

I love you to the Moon πŸŒ™
and back
again🌟
and again 
πŸŒ™and again.

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ










 

10 comments:

  1. Hugs for you on this saddest anniversary. Your words are so true. When you lose your heart cat you never get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and love to you to today. No, we definitely don't get over the loss of our heart/soul companions. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to let them go, perhaps because we never really do let them go. They are always with us, even when they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you hugs on this sad anniversary. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs from all of us too. Love never dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time may pass…but love never dies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you love and purrs as you remember your sweet Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending a ton of big hugs...
    (((((((((( ♥ ))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs! Hugs! Hugs!
    Thanks so much for visiting and your kind thoughts on late Winnie; please accept my apologies for my late response.

    ReplyDelete

We always love hearing from you please leave some pawprints!
Happy purrs
>^,,^<
♥AngelAbby♥Annabelle♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥AngelGrace♥